75 ani Facultatea de Farmacie Bucuresti

Date  1998
Metal bronze
Shape round
Weight
Dimensions
Marks
Medallist
Rarity  unknown
This medal was struck in 1998 to celebrate the 75th anniversary of the Bucharest Faculty of Pharmacy.

It was initially established in 1857 under the name National School of Medicine and Pharmacy by the French expatriate physician, Carol Davila. In 1869 it was incorporated as a department in the newly created University of Bucharest. The first doctoral degrees were granted in 1873, and the doctoral degree became the de facto graduation in 1888.
The School of Pharmacy was founded in 1889 and it was renamed, as the Faculty of Pharmacy in 1923.

Reference: https://www.rmcedu.com/carol-davila-universty