Birmingham school of pharmacy, tribute to Alfred William Gerrard

Date
Metal Gold
Shape round
Weight
Dimensions
Marks
Medallist Unknown
Rarity Unknown

This medal named “The Gerrard Memorial Medal” was awarded annually to top pharmacy students of Aston University.

Alfred William Gerrard (1844-1925) became a qualified pharmacist in 1868, working at Guy’s Hospital in London. He partnered in 1898 with J. Cuxson to create Cuxson Gerrard & Co., with headquarters in Oldbury, near Birmingham.